While Internet and social media use is constantly on the rise in counties in Northwest Africa, television and radio stations are seeing their models become more vulnerable. Yet, these traditional forms of media are the main backers of audiovisual content.
However, a recent offering is emerging thanks to innovative content creators and independent digital media outlets making a contribution to this dynamic market.
In Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and Libya, Intajat Jadida encourages the production of cultural and educational audiovisual content with an entertaining edge.
This project will help new talent to emerge and will enhance an innovative range of editorial content that reflects young people’s expectations as directly as possible.
- Around 20 leaders of projects that aim to produce audiovisual, cultural and educational content with an entertaining edge;
- Around 50 professionals in the audiovisual sector.
Files to download
Support for the creation of creative audiovisual content projects
- Selection of experts who will train the beneficiaries;
- Selection of approximately 20 innovative audiovisual content production projects;
- Enhanced project creation capabilities: incubation visits and training workshops;
- Creation and management of a supportive community among beneficiaries.
Intajat Jadida call for applications: production project accelerator in the MaghrebJune 24, 2022
Intajat Jadida: a new project to support audiovisual content production in the MaghrebJuly 1, 2022
Three key media players join the Intajat Jadida teamOctober 20, 2022
Second Intajat Jadida call for applications: production project accelerator in North AfricaMarch 28, 2023
Pilot production assistance
- Personalised “pre-production” support;
- Introduction of support grants of between €3000 and €5000;
- Support sessions during the pilot production phase;
- Assessment of the pilots and test audiences;
- Competition with prizes for the two best pilots;
- Regional meeting of professionals to discuss innovation;
- Closing forum.