The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is a multilateral initiative that was established in 2011. The purpose of this international partnership is to promote transparent government action and an associated open approach towards new ways of consulting, participating and collaborating with civil society.
From 2017 to 2021, the Project in Support of Open Governments in French-speaking Africa focused on providing support and guidance to public authorities, civil society and media outlets in Tunisia, Burkina Faso and Côte d'Ivoire to help them meet their Open Government Partnership-related commitments. It also aimed to raise awareness and support efforts made by French-speaking African countries to join the OGP.
PAGOF 2 is funded by the AFD and is being implemented by lead partner Expertise France and CFI in five countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Under PAGOF 2, CFI is actively providing journalists and members of media outlets, civil society organisations (CSOs) and public authorities in Côte d'Ivoire and Tunisia with technical assistance in the form of training, mentoring, content production support and multi-partner consultation workshops.
- 52 journalists, 16 of whom have received data journalism training, and 36 of whom have received guidance on how to develop and produce radio programmes.
- 36 members of CSOs involved in the OGP (18 in each of the two partner countries) who will actively develop radio programmes.
Files to download
Data journalism training for journalists from Côte d'Ivoire and Tunisia so that they can report on sensitive issues using open data
- Expertise in the core tools required for data journalism and the basics of investigative journalism plus content production support.
- Advanced training in data journalism techniques and how to prepare investigations.
- Investigation preparation support provided by domestic and international technical experts.
- Sharing of these investigations by partner media outlets and CFI's social media accounts.
Content produced in collaboration with CSOs and public authorities involved in the OGP, to cultivate the open government ethos and contribute to a stronger culture of transparency within government
- A media organisation selected in Côte d'Ivoire and Tunisia.
- Six consultation workshops in which members of public authorities and CSOs and journalists are gathered (three in Côte d'Ivoire and three in Tunisia).
- Participant support, helping them to produce 96 programmes on topics linked to the OGP, defined during the workshops.
- Broadcasting of these programmes by affiliated radio stations belonging to umbrella organisations.