“Junior des idées en or” youth series: writers in residence programme for season 2 in Togo
The team at La Maison Junior is continuing its training programme for writing an animated series for young people and is currently bringing together in Lomé, Togo, the ten scriptwriters selected from over 80 applications from all over French-speaking Africa.
After receiving remote training between December 2020 and April 2021, these ten women and men, from Burkina Faso, Benin, Senegal, DRC and Togo, are now in Lomé for an intensive face-to-face training phase ending in July 2021, in order to complete the work that was started remotely: 33 scripts for season 2 of the 5-minute animated children’s series “Junior des idées en or” (aimed at 6-10 year-olds) for Gulli and Gulli Africa, and 26 scripts for the fiction series adapted from this animated series.
The opening night of the scriptwriters' residency was held on 7 April at the Institut Français in Lomé, with various personalities in attendance.
Discover the testimonies of the participants of this project in pictures:
- Angelique Sabrié-Etsé – Writing Coordinator at La Maison Junior
- Christophe Guignement – Founder of the La Maison Junior Writers in Residence programme
- Angela Aquereburu – Co-founder of the La Maison Junior Writers in Residence programme
- Damien Deniau – Fiction Writing Director at La Maison Junior
- Sophie Ekoué – Founder of the Villa Séguro
- Philomène Bakpah, Jeannine Dissirama Bessoga, Awa Mane and Anaïs Kere, four participants of La Maison Junior’s animation workshops