Innovation MédiaLab: 5 selected media outlets
Following the call for applications and the shortlisting of ten editorial projects in October 2018, on 16 November, five digital media outlets from Algeria, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia producing journalistic content in French were selected as part of the first International Journalism Conference in Tunis.
- ACTION ou VERITÉ is an editorial project publishing in French, which aims to engage in dialogue with people aged 15 to 35 on matters of public health and issues relating to society, which are still taboo in Lebanon. It is carried by media outlet Labneh§Facts (Lebanon).
- LMOUHIM is a weekly satirical newspaper, published in Arabic and French, offering its readers a different view of the current social, cultural, media and sporting landscape using humour. It is carried by media outlet Medias's 33 (Morocco).
- PRÉS DE VOUS offers journalistic content in video format, published in Arabic with French subtitles, focussing on success stories identified across the Algerian territory. It is carried by media outlet Huff Post Algérie Huff Post Algérie (Algeria).
- YALA is an editorial project aimed at 12 to 35-year-old French and Arabic speakers. It is provided exclusively in video format (with Arabic subtitles) to meet the expectations and consumption habits of its target audience. It is carried by media outlet Huff Post Tunisie Huff Post Tunisie (Tunisia).
- YOMKOM is a news website for 14-18 year-olds, in Arabic and French, giving pointers on how to follow, understand and analyse current events, and thus play a part in combating the spread of misinformation and hate speech. It is carried by media outlet Planet News Business (Lebanon).
All the projects presented aim to develop and structure francophone digital editorial offerings and to enhance the strategic, editorial, technical, marketing and economics skills of the teams.
The Innovation MédiaLab opening seminar will be held in February 2019 and will contribute towards shaping an individualised guidance programme for each of the media outlets.