Citizen Connections – discover the 25 winners
A panel of civic tech experts selected the 25 young, innovative and committed project leaders who will benefit from an incubation programme to develop their initiatives.
After reviewing no fewer than 500 applications that CFI received following its call for applications, the selection panel held oral interviews with the 55 finalists.
The candidates and their proposals were of a very high level. In addition, the proposals covered a wide range of topics and the applicants were highly diverse in terms of gender and where they came from, which meant that there were many highly competent female applicants. Slightly more women were included in this first crop of winners, with 13 women to 12 men.
This group of project leaders was also geographically diverse, with 14 different countries being represented: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Togo and Tunisia.
Finally, the proposed projects tackle subjects as diverse as citizenship, gender equality, the environment and health via tools for awareness raising, dialogue or citizen-led control of public action. The 25 winners will benefit from 8 months of editorial and technical support which will include collective incubation sessions in French-speaking Africa, as well as individual coaching within local incubators. Project start-up assistance may be granted at the end of the programme depending on the quality of the projects.
The 25 applicants selected are:
• Dembélé ABDOULAYE B., Mali
• Dina Nomena ANDRIARIMANJAKA, Madagascar
• Tsimihipa ANDRIAMAZAVARIVO, Madagascar
• Anvoh ASSOMOU JEAN AMBROISE, Côte d'Ivoire
• Rolande AZIAKA, Togo
• Abdoul BALDE, Guinea
• Nouha BELAID, Guinea
• Pepe BWEMERE KAMERA, DR Congo
• Fatoumata CHERIF, Guinée
• Sessi Priscille Auriole DASSI MEHOU, Bénin
• Ndiague FAYE, Sénégal
• Emmanuel GANSE, Bénin
• Habibou HADI MALAM MAHAMAN, Niger
• Héritier KITUMAINI MUTABAZI, DR Congo
• Caroline Ignace MVENG MENGUE, Cameroun
• Lysias Yoane MYLANDOU MASSENGO, Republic of Congo
• Andry NAHARIFELANTSOA, Madagascar
• Basile OUEDRAOGO, Burkina Faso
• Samiroudine OURO SAMA, Togo
• Vatosoa RAKOTONDRAZAY, Madagascar
• Moïnibe SAMBIANI, Togo
• Roukiatou SEDGO, Burkina Faso
• Solange SHAGAYO, DR Congo
• Nathalie SIDIBE, Mali
• Mariam YACOUB MAHAMAT, Chad
The Citizen Connections project is co-funded by the French Development Agency (AFD) and the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.